Lola & The Poets podcast is a virtual alchemical workshop exploring personal and collective magical journeys, the ways the mystical & the mundane are intertwined. Psychology, culture, art, alchemy. Solo shows & interviews. Out every odd Thursday. Hosted by Milana Vujkov.
The podcast lives on my main site Poets, Mavericks & Prophets. Below are a few notes on the shows, with links to Lola & The Poets on YouTube, as well. Please follow Poets, Mavericks & Prophets for updates, or subscribe & click the bell on YouTube.
Lola & The Poets is also on Spotify.
Episode Five. Thursday 29 April 2021. In The Shadows, Part 2 – Solo Show. We’re back with the second solo show on the concept of the shadow, number two of the three shows I plan on this topic. This one is on the shadow-patterning of communications, the chiaroscuro of social media, and the idea of the doppelgänger, our shadow twin. The episode arrives, as is always the case with alchemical brews, just on time, while the entire world is transferred online. Give it a spin. (38 mins)
Episode Four. Thursday, 9 July, 2020. Mythic Doodling – With Divyam Chaya Bernstein. We’re talking mythic doodling with the lovely artist & storyteller Divyam Chaya Bernstein, discussing childhood philosophies, mystical Ireland, origins and practices of storytelling, inner critics & inner worlds, importance of vibes & tribes, art journaling as therapy, nourishing art communities, zen annihilations, soft spaces for hard truths, archetypal phases of a woman’s journey, downloading the imaginal in nature & all manner of portals. (87 mins)
Episode Three. Thursday, 18 June, 2020. In The Shadows, Part 1 – Solo Show. This is the first of three planned solo shows on the concept of the shadow, both individual and collective. In this one I talk shadow realms in the times of a pandemic, the idea of infectious narratives, and recall two stories from my own shadows dipping into the collective – a grim therapeutic regression into an Atlantean, antediluvian land, and a slightly more lighthearted macabre dream of a kooky post-apocalyptic transhumanist future. (52 mins)
Episode Two. Thursday, 12 December, 2019. On Wanderlust – With Milica Mijatović. In the second show we’re talking wanderlust with Milica Mijatović, traveller extraordinaire, tracing the first leg of her travels, lasting two of the six years she’s been on the road. We’re discussing the imaginal, soul impressionism, ecology, volunteering in tribal communities, telepathy, family egregores, hitchhiking lore around the globe, how being suddenly broke can raise your dharma game, and much else. (106 mins)
Episode One. Thursday, 28 November, 2019. On The Magical Real – Show Intro. In the first show I introduce the series as host, riffing on the idea of the magical real, talking alchemy in psychology, society, culture & the arts, the topics we will be covering on the shows, guests we will have, and a bit about my life & professional background. (42 mins)
[updates as shows are recorded]
AUTHOR © Milana Vujkov
- © Samovar Party by Shane Ivers – https://www.silvermansound.com Samovar Party is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Shane Ivers of silvermansound.com
- © Multisampled 20 inch Istanbul Mehmet ride cymbal by pjcohen – https://freesound.org/ This work is licensed under the Attribution License.
- Audio clip: Barbara Stanwyck in Meet John Doe (1941), Director: Frank Capra, public domain since 1969
- © Japanese fireflies flying along the river in the forest, Northtail, Adobe Stock License
- © Jaguar (Panthera onca) in the dark, Anankkml, Adobe Stock Standard License
- © Empty old opera gala theater stage and red velvet curtains, Tannujannu, Adobe Stock Standard License
- © Photo Sphere Crystal Ball Magnifying and Reflecting woodland countryside scene, Andy, Adobe Stock Standard License
- © Eye of white mustang, Kseniya Abramova, Adobe Stock Standard License
Disclaimer – This podcast follows a personal journey, as well as the journeys and life experiences of our guests, and is offered as philosophical & creative inspiration. Although I am a psychologist by education, the material within is not therapy or substitute for therapy. However, it is dedicated as virtual temenos for accessing the therapeutic numinous, in hope of being of good service to your soul in exploring the potentials of each moment in time.