A virtual alchemical workshop for spiritual detectives, Lola & The Poets Podcast explores personal and collective magical journeys, the ways the mystical & the mundane are intertwined. Psychology, culture, art & alchemy. Solo shows, interviews. Out every odd Thursday. Follow PMaPs for updates, or subscribe for the bell on YouTube.
- Episode One. Thursday, 28 November, 2019. On The Magical Real – Show Intro With Milana Vujkov. Introducing the series as host, talking about the idea of the magical real, the place of the esoteric in psychology, society, culture & the arts, the topics we will be covering on the shows, guests we will have, and a bit about my life & professional background, how it is connected to what the show will be about.
- Episode Two. Thursday, 12 December, 2019. On Wanderlust – With Milica Mijatović, Traveller Extraordinaire. Talking to Milica Mijatović, traveller extraordinaire, chilling on Gili Air island, near Lombok & Bali, while we trapeze from Southeast Asia, to India & Nepal, to Africa, and South America, tracing the first leg of her travels, lasting two of the six years she’s now been on the road. We are discussing wanderlust, appreciating adversity, the magic of slowing down, soul impressionism, ecology, volunteering in tribal communities, psychogeography, psychic awareness, family egregores, hitchhiking lore around the globe, how being suddenly broke can raise your dharma game, and the sacred Amazon as womb.
- Episode Three. Thursday, 18 June, 2020. In The Shadows – Solo Show, With Milana Vujkov. Solo show about the concept of the shadow, both individual and collective, one of three shows on this topic I plan for 2020, talking about my overall impressions of the past several months, the shadow realm in the times of a pandemic, ideas of an infectious narrative through a personal theoretical prism, and two stories from my own shadows that dipped into the collective – one of a therapeutic regression to antediluvian lands, and another of a dream that dipped into a transhumanist future.
- Episode Four. Thursday, 9 July, 2020. Mythic Doodling – With Divyam Chaya Bernstein, Artist & Storyteller. Talking to the lovely London-based artist & storyteller Divyam Chaya Bernstein on childhood philosophies, origins & practices of storytelling, inner critics & inner worlds, trusting our own creative powers, art journaling as therapy, personal myths, importance of vibes & tribes, virtual reality vs. imaginal space, zen annihilations, and the value of what we choose to lose.
[updates as shows are recorded]
AUTHOR: © Milana Vujkov
There is also a Lola & The Poets Facebook page where I have fun with social media alchemy, PMaPs word material in conversation with visual works of art & artists I love. If you’re into enchanting virtual doodles – it’s the place for you.
MUSIC & IMAGE CREDITS:
- © Samovar Party by Shane Ivers – https://www.silvermansound.com
Samovar Party is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Shane Ivers of silvermansound.com
- © Japanese fireflies flying along the river in the forest, Northtail, Adobe Stock License
- © Jaguar (Panthera onca) in the dark, Anankkml, Adobe Stock Standard License
- Audio clip: Barbara Stanwyck in Meet John Doe (1941), Director: Frank Capra, public domain since 1969
*NB/disclaimer – This podcast follows a personal journey, as well as the journeys and life experiences of our guests, and is offered as philosophical & creative inspiration. Although I am a psychologist by education, the material within is not therapy or substitute for therapy. However, it is dedicated as virtual temenos for accessing the therapeutic numinous, in hope of being of good service to your soul in exploring the potentials of each moment in time.